Tuesday, December 30, 2008

my new appreciation

so yoga is hard work! and i'm not even talking about regular yoga. i'm doing poor mans yoga on the wii fit. what's pretty neat about it though is how you can see your center of balance while you're doing the pose. i'm in a constant struggle to maintain my pose, to keep my little red dot in the center of the bigger yellow blob, all while remembering to inhale and exhale deeply. i have a newly found respect for people who do yoga. it's incredibly hard to do correctly.

better yet - the wii fit also has hula hooping for cardio! let's jut say i make sure my curtains are closed before i attempt to hula hoop. i watched bryan do it the other night and almost died in a fit of laughter. it's definitely not for the weak hearted.

i'm really digging the fit and am excited to track my progress. what's even better is that i'm going to start my gym membership soon so i'll be feeling better in no time. i kid you not folks - i've gained 20 pounds since getting married. not cool. it's not even the weight that bothers me it's how i feel. i get winded walking up a flight of stairs and i'm constantly tired. let me make this clear though, this isn't my new years resolution. i don't really believe in resolutions stemming from the new year holiday. they're always so forced and un-followed through on.

i would just like to better myself. no more negative, only positive! i've already seen a huge improvement in myself within the past month or so just by weeding out all the negative energy around me. i'm ready to move on up... to the east side! ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment