Friday, January 9, 2009

me, shovel?

i woke up to about an inch of snow this morning with more falling every minute i wasted lying in bed trying to not think of the snow. al roker didn't help with his constant reminders of snow across the plains. it was inescapable. unfortunately we didn't get enough downfall in the morning to justify an absence from work. i groggily made my way to the window in the kitchen to make one last judgment call. nope, not enough. i had to come into work. i refused to shovel though. the snow blower still intimidates me and i prefer to leave the snow removal to the male gender. i'm too dainty to shovel. i grumbled to aiko, "your dad wants to live in wisconsin - HE can shovel." unfortunately though he's out of town until late tonight. it's okay though - the snow will still be there when he returns. driving into work was fun. or not fun, depending on who's making the statement. my little eclipse mitzy didn't appreciate my making her trudge up the big hill on the way to the beltline. she gave me a few whines but got me here safely.

i am quite the busy bee this month. i have several projects ahead of me and it feels good to be busy. i'm feeling a bit more connected with myself which is relaxing. there are only a handful of things that could make this life better - living down south where there is no such thing as snow, and living in the same town as all the people i love. that is the only aspect where i sometimes feel disjointed. i am thankful for the internet though - it makes the distance seem shorter and helps keep us bound together. i am very lucky that my three closest friends are always a fingertip away.

No comments:

Post a Comment