Friday, June 19, 2009

i'm ready for my close up, mr. demille

As I made my way to the breakroom to garner more coffee from the work coffee Gods the other day, I was startled to see myself walk by on someones computer screen. I did a double take and realized they had a little camera positioned on the top of their monitor. It wasn't until then I realized we have cameras positioned all around the office. One pointed towards the front door and the receptionist desk, one in the break room, one in the main office, etc.

I panicked. How many times have I adjusted my bra, pulled my pants up higher, picked a wedgie?? UGH. And let's just say when I'm at the front desk and no one is around I am so not a lady.

Let's not lie to ourselves. Everyone does it. When no one is watching you lose all shame. I sometimes have reached down my shirt and re-adjusted my boobs in my bra. I'm not even joking. Why would not? There is no one around to see. Or so I thought.

All of this camera stuff has me very paranoid. And for no other reason than complete and utter vanity. There have been no secret love affairs in the break room. I don't have to worry about theft of office supplies. No, the only thing I'm worried about is someone seeing me picking food out of my teeth.

Don't they have to tell you there are cameras? Even worse yet, I'm sure the cameras have been up for a long time. I doubt this is something new. I've just been too oblivious in the past to notice. Now, when I walk into an area I know is monitored I suck in my stomach and walk a little straighter. I don't want to be known as the fat girl with the bad posture, who picks the underwear out of her butt and grabs her own boobs.

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment