Tuesday, February 12, 2008

my new years resolution

so i got a phone call last night from someone i don't talk to all that often. it was really nice to hear from her as our relationship as of late hasn't been on the best of terms. we talked for a few minutes about how things were going - and then it became apparent she was calling me because she needed something. i don't mind helping people out and i did exactly what she needed me to do, no complaints, no questions asked. it just kind of made me feel bad because she only calls me when she needs something. if she called me out of the blue ONE time just to talk i don't think i would know what to do with myself.
i guess i can't really complain - i mean, i don't really call her either unless i have a question about something. my new years resolution this year was to be less judgemental and to get back some form of a relationship i used to have with her. i guess this phone call was the first hurdle i have to overcome by putting away my judgement and loving her regardless of her actions. i take that back. i already love her regardless of her actions - i think liking her in spite of them is the most difficult part.
sometimes i look into the past and wish for the times when we used to fight over coffee cups and make fun of family. i hope that her life is better now - i want her to be happy, but i have to teach myself to look at the present and future, and not hold on to what used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment