Tuesday, October 21, 2008

locked up in a box

usually on my first night home alone i end up playing some relaxing music and going through old boxes of pictures and random stuff from my high school and college days. it really struck me tonight especially though coz i really dived into some old notes from friends and boyfriends which i usually skip over and don't read. something tonight stopped me though and i read each one i had in my wooden box of secrets kept close to my heart. i was really humbled to remember all the good memories i had with different people.

its weird because when you're in high school you think that your memories will last forever. then you get to college, forget all about high school and think the same thing about your college memories. then one day, you wake up and realize that you are an adult all of a sudden (holy shit!) and you've suddenly forgotten about the person you were way back when.

i had certain hopes about my life which i don't neccessarily think haven't come true - but it's a different state of being. when you're in school preparing for your life, your life can really be anything you want it to be because its all some dream world far away and nonexistent. when all of a sudden reality hits and you're in the here and the now everything from the past looks foggy and unfamiliar.

this is why i hold onto these little mementos of life - they are things that bring me back to who i was and help me get on the right path of who i am and who i want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment