Tuesday, April 21, 2009

i like to touch

Last Thursday night my car was broken into. Well, not so much broken into as gotten into, somehow. Just like any other Friday morning I woke up, got ready for work and groggily made my way out to my car. Upon entering it, things felt a little amiss. My glove box was hanging down. My center console was open. My ipod was gone. My first thought was that maybe Bryan had been looking for something. There was something about everything being left open that didn't feel right though. I checked the window. Nope, not broken. Was anything else missing? My North Face jacket was still laying in the backseat. My CD's were still sitting in the center console. Spice Girls, check. Backstreet Boys, check. Bridget's Justice, check.

Don't judge me.

It wasn't until I looked down and saw my satellite radio missing from where it was bolted in that I realized my car had definitely been broken into. I went inside to a still-asleep Bryan and said, "Um," and paused for dramatic effect. "Did you take my ipod and my satellite radio out of my car?"

His answer was a quick "No," and he jumped out of bed and started getting dressed. "What all is missing?"

He might not have been so easy to jump to my break-in theory if it hadn't been for the recent vandalism of car windows in our neighborhood. Just a week before our neighbor had the windows of his Suburban shot out by a pellet gun, and a neighbor up the street had the same thing happen.

Luckily for me no windows were broken in the theft of my lovely ipod, and I hope whoever took it 1) enjoys Lily Allen and 2) has a power cord as they left mine behind and the ipod was nearly dead.

I guess who ever took it also deserves a thank you for leaving undisturbed my North Face jacket which was worth more than either thing they took, and for also not disturbing my, let's say, colorful collection of CD's from the center console.

And on a happy note, I welcomed a new addition to the Palmer Family technologies this morning with the arrival of my new ipod touch. Hooray for constant technological stimulation!

No comments:

Post a Comment