Thursday, May 14, 2009

oh, it's go time

I think I'm being attacked.

It started yesterday as I peacefully sat at my desk minding my own business working on work related work stuff. I was type type typing away when I saw it out of the corner of my eye. A tiny little minuscule insignificant gnat. It flew at me from the left and then continued its buzz buzz buzzing right around me as I type type typed.

I flailed at it. I tried shooing it away with my hand, clapping my hands together in an attempt to squash it, slapping my computer screen when it landed for a rest. Nothing worked. This little gnat kept narrowly escaping my attempts at its demise. Finally after a few more flails and claps it flew away. Relief washed over me. I looked around. Had anyone seen me flailing about? Nobody seemed to be giving me the old crazy eye so I let out a sigh of relief and went back to my typing.

Today, it was back. It waited until I was completely unsuspecting, taking a sip of coffee when it planned its air strike. This time it came at me from above. The little bugger flew right into my face. In my attempt to flail I narrowly escaped spilling coffee down my shirt. I went into cat mode and started grabbing at it with my paw but again, every time I missed. Again I clapped my hands together as it swan-dived in front of me, slapped my desk each time it thought about landing and every time I missed.

I don't know what this gnat is on, or why he's targeting me. I don't have any food at my desk. I checked for pungent body odor and was pleased to find myself smelling of fresh soap. I checked the mirror. I don't have a sign on my forehead that says "Gnats fly here." The only two things that could possibly be gnat attractors are Mimi the fish and my small pokey cactus but even so I'm not too quick to pass blame on either two.

All I know is this gnat is out to get me and the game is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment