Wednesday, May 6, 2009

i'll take a Cook brother, please

It was 6am. My alarm had just gone off for the first time. Like usual, I hit the snooze button; the first time of many. It was then, in my last 20 minutes of sweet, sweet sleep that I had the oddest dream.

I was in soon-to-be Mrs. Holladay's wedding. Front row and center. Jenny was sitting next to me, and next to her was Nicholas. Being that Nicholas, apparently, was a bridesmaid - I'm not sure who Holly was marrying but it surely wasn't her husband. Across from us was a gentleman who looked like he had walked in from the street holding a bouquet of hair. Yes, hair. He was eating it.

The Wedding March started to play and we all proceeded to hold our flowers up in the air like we were hailing Hitler. Even the hair-holder held his high for Holly. (Holy alliteration.) Holly marched her way up the aisle and was wearing a beautiful white wedding dress that, turned out was just a bit see-through when she turned around. Her bright blue underwear shone through the back. I remember thinking, "That's unfortunate."

9 minutes later, my alarm when off again and again I hit the snooze button. This time when I fell back asleep Holly was telling me how she was sorry that David Cook couldn't stay for the reception, but "don't worry!" she had a surprise. It was then she pulled me around the corner into VOILA - David Cook's brother "Adam," who in my dream was really his brother Andrew. I then proceeded to freak out and get all sweaty. So sweaty in fact, my makeup started dripping down my face. I quickly excused myself to the ladies room. I tried feverishly to stop the steady downpour that was my sweat. No matter what I did, I couldn't stop the makeup from dripping off my face. I hoped Andrew wouldn't notice and made my way back to him where he was suddenly in a recording studio attached to the reception.

That's about when I woke up. I mean, WHAT THE H?! What did I eat before I went to bed? Did those chocolate chip cookies have something in them? And why do I suddenly have a crush on Andrew Cook?

1 comment:

  1. i know you told me about this, but i JUST saw it. for some reason, blogger hasn't told me that you've been updating, except in a barrage today. i chortled. this was funny. also, i have DEF had a crush on someone for the first time immediately after having a dream about them.

    ReplyDelete